allergy to food? gnawing/shaking head! (long)

Thread: allergy to food? gnawing/shaking head! (long)

baby belle is offline Senior Member

Defaultallergy to food? gnawing/shaking head! (long)

She has been on Innova LBP for about a month. Just recently i noticed every morning (she sleeps with us!) she is on the bed just licking and gnawing on her hind legs and she shakes her head more than usual. Her ears seem fine maybe one has alittle brown specs in it from me not drying it out completely after swimming in the pool. Could it be an allergy to the food or the time of year? I am in Florida. She was on Orijen before with no issues that i noticed but i took her off of that i just felt she needed some carbs. For humans high protein over a long peried of time is not good i know dogs are different but i am eating strictly protein now very little carbs for a competition and for me i lose weight, i am tired, no energy and i need to drink alot of water to stay hydrated. For humans this much protein wears on the kidneys whether its good protein or bad. Humans cannot survive on high protein/low carb for that long!! So i compared my pup to myself if it makes sense or not!. Anyways not sure if it's an allergy to something in the Innova or just outside allergy. sorry so long

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: allergy to food? gnawing/shaking head! (long)

Doubt that it's an allergy. Probably an intollerance to something though. Put her back on Orijen if she was doing fine. Protein diets are fine for dogs.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

baby belle is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: allergy to food? gnawing/shaking head! (long)

Thanks i decided to put her on it again, just have to go get it!!