PANCREAITIS

Thread: PANCREAITIS

janika28 is offline Senior Member

DefaultPANCREAITIS

Abby has been diagnosed with pancreaitis. Has anyone been through this with thier lab? I would like to hear from anyone as I am very stressed right now. Abby is doing better but it sure scared the heck out of me. She was at vet for two days. Cant eat until tonite. Her last meal was Fri morn but threw all that up. Dont know what caused this. She did not get into anything I am aware of. Any stories or info would be great. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jlab Guest

DefaultRe: PANCREAITIS

My lab KD (9 year old female yellow lab) had pancreatitis about 6 months ago. At that time, I had ordered a fifty pound box of raw beef trachea which I had never fed to any of my labs before. Getting home from work, it had been delivered and ripped apart on my front porch! I found KD surrounded by and gorging on multiple beef trachea steaks.

Later that evening she was vomiting and also had diarrhea. She was really feeling poorly, didn't want to do anything but lay around and be left alone. A trip to the emergency vet with x-rays to rule out blockage and pancreatitis confirmed. I followed the vet's instructions which were a 24 hour fast followed by gradually increasing a bland diet of small meals over the next week. After a couple days, she seemed to be back to her old self. It did take a week for her to get back on her regular diet. Never had a recurrence of pancreatitis or any other problem since then and the vet said she has totally recovered.

labradork mom is offline Member

DefaultRe: PANCREAITIS

I have two labs both have had pancreatitis with an unknown cause. My female lab it just came on suddenly. She does not get table food and only eats the same dry dog food everyday. She had it so bad that we almost lost her. Immediately following that she was diagnosed as diabetic. My male lab had it a year later same scenario no table food. He was not as bad and has had no issue since. It is very frightening. I know what your going through. Just know with a little time all should be ok.