Anyone else use this food for their lab pup?

Thread: Anyone else use this food for their lab pup?

VTEnviro is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnyone else use this food for their lab pup?

Well at long last we are going to pick up our new chocolate lab, Rupert, this Friday. I picked up the last few items we will need to start off with him the other day.

While at the local pet supply shop, I had one of the employees help me pick out a food to start him on. There's so many of them and this place only carries good quality stuff.

I ended up with Eagle Pack puppy food for large breeds. http://www.eaglepack.com/Pages/SP_LGPuppy.html

Has anyone else used this brand with their pup? I'd like to start him off right!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

baby belle is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anyone else use this food for their lab pup?

EXCELLENT choice!! I feed Innova LBP but Eagle Pack LBP is a great high quality food. Be sure to switch your puppy slowly over a 7 day period gradually adding more and more of the eagle pack. Good Luck and fun times ahead!!!

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anyone else use this food for their lab pup?

I have never used Eagle Pack but have heard good things from others.

However, you should feed the same food as the breeder and keep pup on this for 2-4 weeks until pup adjusts to new environement.

Changing foods right away can upset the system and cause diarrhea or other issues.

After your pup adjusts to your home slowly wean your pup from the breeders food to the new food over about a 7 day period to prevent issues.