I`m so scared.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I`m so scared....

DefaultRe: I`m so scared....

Thanks so much for being there. I too hope it`s just a skin tag....
    Mast cell tumor? That sounds so scary, I`m just so, so worried & can`t wait to see the vet tomorrow. He`s only 5 months old...... :'(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I didn't mean to scare you. It could be one of many things, one of many harmless things. I just wanted to put it out there to make sure you insist they aspirate it.

I'll be looking for an update.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Lidosdad is offline Senior Member

Any news on your pup???

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

So the vet said HYSTIOCYTOMA probably wrong spelling but she said to wait if it goes on it`s own or else I could have it removed in 3 weeks cause we are having him spayed & would only have to be put to sleep 1 time. I am a bit relieved cause the vet didn`t seem worried but she said to keep a close eye on it. If in 3 weeks it`s still there, we will have it removed & biopsied.
    Anyone`s dog ever have this? Are they genetic? I will go read more in the net. You guys are all great!

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

So the vet said HYSTIOCYTOMA
    Rita, I don't think they can diagnose that without doing a needle aspiration and have it tested. Did they do that? My vet immediately said hystiocytoma also when he saw Frankie's. Well, he said it "more than likely" is a hystio....but it could also be a MCT. He told me to wait a couple of weeks and see if it went away on it's own. I said "no" and insisted they do the apiration. Thank God we did.

Either way for you though, since he's being put under anyway have it removed. Better safe than sorry!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

Prayers for you and your baby in this that it is not serious.

I feel your worry.

Quote Originally Posted by rita
    So the vet said HYSTIOCYTOMA probably wrong spelling but she said to wait if it goes on it`s own or else I could have it removed in 3 weeks cause we are having him spayed & would only have to be put to sleep 1 time. I am a bit relieved cause the vet didn`t seem worried but she said to keep a close eye on it. If in 3 weeks it`s still there, we will have it removed & biopsied.
    Anyone`s dog ever have this? Are they genetic? I will go read more in the net. You guys are all great!
    Dutch has had several of those and thank God, they have gone away on their own after about 3 months. Glad to hear that is all it was; I just saw the pic and recognized it. Don't be alarmed if you see more come up. Dutch had one on his ear and then one on his toe. Some are more prone to them so you might see more pop up in the future.

You guys are great & I wanted to thank all of you for being there. I`m watching it closely & will see when the time comes. I will keep you posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12