Bladder infection or submissive urination??

Thread: Bladder infection or submissive urination??

DefaultBladder infection or submissive urination??

Ok..at nite, we try to limit Blue from drinking water because it seems once she is in a deep sleep, she pees whereever she is..on her couch, on the carpet...it doesn't happen all the time but it's becoming common.

I wonder if it's from drinking from puddles or could it be submissive urination???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Bladder infection or submissive urination??

It sounds more like Incontinence than an infection or submissive behavior. Has she been spayed? I definatly don't think it's submissive since it's when she's sleeping I would have the vet check her out. If it's not a UTI and it is incontinence there are medications they can give them to help a lot.

So she's peeing while she's sleeping? I also think incontinence sounds likely. Definitely not submissive since she's asleep. I'd make a vet appt and bring in a urine sample. They can also take one there if you can't get a sample.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yes, she has been spayed...thanks, I wasn't sure what it could be so I'll take her to the vet.

Buffy did this for a week and the vet thought incontinence and was ready to prescribe a once per day pill (Proin) but she quit doing it. We discovered she was drinking way too much water (it was 100 degrees outside) so we watched her intake and let her out really late at night and it went away. She's one of those dogs who "gets in the zone" and drinks and drinks and drinks.

So, that was our case but if it is incontinence the problem is easily solved. Keep us posted!

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

Could be a UTI or incontinence.

I would take in a sample caught first thing in the a.m. before any food or water and caught in mid stream for best sample.

Hoping it is a UTI - easier to deal with.