Gas..farting and burping

Thread: Gas..farting and burping

DefaultGas..farting and burping

Hello I am new to this site. I have a 9 month old yellow lab..Blitz. Great dog love him very much. BUT he gets gas. He burps and farts (some smell some don't) Some times he seems to get gas pains before he releases. I feed him nutro large breed puppy as suggested by the vet. and IAMS doggy biscuits as treats. is this okay or should I be worried?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Gas..farting and burping

SAME thing used to happen to my lab when we were feeding her Nutro LB Puppy.. That along with she would throw up in her crate in the morning (reflux the vet said).. He suggested we change her food and see if it helped at all.. We switched her to Nutro Chicken Meal, Rice & Oatmeal for Sensitive Stomachs and we haven't had any problems since.. no throwing up and just normal gas (a burp or 2 after eating) She was a year old when we did the switch a few months ago.. I don't think it is really anything u need to WORRY about.. in our case the vomit was more worrisome than the gas.. but that food obviously didn't have a good effect on our girl, and yours may feel better if u switch too..

Mocha had a lot of Gas when she was on Nutro as well. I would try switching his food.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We used Nutro large breed puppy and, for some insane reason we switched to a less expensive store brand. Won't even mention which one. :no: OMG....the smell, the gas....we're talking toxic. Went back to Nutro Large Breed Puppy and now Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed and there haven't been any problems. Could it possibly be the snacks? I agree, try switching up the food and see what happens. Good luck.