what is going on with orijen pet foods?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is going on with orijen pet foods?

Defaultwhat is going on with orijen pet foods?

People have found sharp bones thru the kibble and they never did a recall on any of it. they actually said the bones are fine if the dog ingested them!! they only apologize when you call them. do we trust them now and their quality of food???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: what is going on with orijen pet foods?

Where are you getting this?
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

i was looking at the golden retriever forums just looking around and saw it there under recall site "orijen concerns" Yes people have found sharp bones going thru the kibble and are completely turned off by orijen now especially with the responses they have gotton from champion pet foods. they never even made a public apology or a recall on the certain batches with the bones. all they can say is sorry... take a look at Golden Retriever forums Google it and go to recall forum under "orijen concerns". let me know your thoughts??

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Wow.

I am SO glad I switched to raw. I think this goes to show that you just never know, no matter how trustworthy and high-end the kibble is.
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    Wow.

I am SO glad I switched to raw. I think this goes to show that you just never know, no matter how trustworthy and high-end the kibble is.
    Honestly, this has nothing to do with the trust-worthiness of the company or whether the food is high-end or not. Stuff happens. What matters is how they address the problem. Unfortunately, they did address the problem, fixed the problem with their supplier, and people are still not happy. Welcome to the modern world. Does that make them a terrible company? No! It's not like there was poison in their food, it was fish bones that aren't harmful to dogs. Return the bag for a new one of a different lot, pick out the bones yourself...there are more important things to worry about. Fish bones isn't poison killing dogs...

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    Wow.

Honestly, this has nothing to do with the trust-worthiness of the company or whether the food is high-end or not. Stuff happens. What matters is how they address the problem. Unfortunately, they did address the problem, fixed the problem with their supplier, and people are still not happy. Welcome to the modern world. Does that make them a terrible company? No! It's not like there was poison in their food, it was fish bones that aren't harmful to dogs. Return the bag for a new one of a different lot, pick out the bones yourself...there are more important things to worry about. Fish bones isn't poison killing dogs...
    That's not what I meant. I basically meant that "stuff happens", and you just never know, regardless of the company. Even if it's not harmful (and cooked fish bones potentially are) it's still unacceptable.

My sentiment was basically that I'm glad that "stuff" can't happen with the food I feed my dogs. Whether it's fish bones, poison, contaminants, etc.
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

I feed orijen, and yes, I had 2 bags with the fish bones in it.

You know what? It didn't freak me out nearly as badly as those people on the GR forum. Yes, I was a little bit "wth is this", but after calling and being told what it was, I actually bit one and it wasn't nearly as hard or as sharp as what people said. They felt harder then they actually were, and didn't bother my mouth at all.

Yes, that's extremely weird, but better to know then to not know, and if I wouldn't eat something I feed my dogs, then why feed it?
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

I feed it too and going to stay with it. I did find a bone in her kibble and kinda got freaked about it, but i also called and they explained what happened. Hey it was a recall with tainted food, some bones got stuck. So i just found it in a few pieces and threw those out. the rest looks fine. Atleast we know they use real salmon in their food!! :

I meant it WASN"T a recall with tainted food!!! oops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast