Sick Lab :(

Thread: Sick Lab :(

AReims is offline Senior Member

DefaultSick Lab :(

I need to vent a little since I'm worried about my Lab baby. Yesterday as I came home from work and took Martta out she threw up some yellow liquid/foamish liquid. Don't know if it's empty stomach or what, that hasn't happened before. She gets her meals in the morning around 7am and around 8pm, with training treats in between.

Anyway, I didn't give her the usual kibble in the evening, just a tiny bit of rice that I cooked. She was fine over the night. I gave her some rice again in the morning. When I came back from running my errands and stuff a few hours later she had thrown all that up. Apparently some grass and thursday's cucumber too from the looks of it . So no food today. She was her bouncy self as I got home, but now she's mellowed a little.
    Have to keep an eye on her so that she at least drinks today or I'll need to help.

Oh I hate to see her sick.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sick Lab :(

Hi there, just wanted to say I hope shes feeling better.

Try fasting her for 24 hours (water is okay but no food), then small (very small) meals of rice... then rice and boiled chicken. You're absolutely right in making sure she doesn't get dehydrated. If she's not drinking well, you can try Pedialyte, but I would prolly call the vet at that point.

The yellowish liquid/foam was likely just bile due to an empty tummy. How old is your pup? Maybe divide her meals into 3 instead of just 2, and see if that helps. I know that Henry used to throw up bile in the mornings when he was little, because of an empty stomach.

Hope your pup is feeling better soon!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AReims is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words . She's doing a bit better now. Been drinking thankfully, so no need for help. Last time she threw up was around 10pm, just bile.

She's 7 months, we've been going with two meals a day for about a month or so now. Somewhat better today, I've given her a few table spoons of rice divided into a few times and she's been able to keep that in. So hopefully it's turned for the better.