Chicken versus Lamb kibble.

Thread: Chicken versus Lamb kibble.

DefaultChicken versus Lamb kibble.

Just wondering which you feed and why you prefer it. Not including dogs that are allergic to either, but just if you prefer it because you notice better coat etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Chicken versus Lamb kibble.

I originally fed a lamb food when we were figuring out Jes's allergies (it was to wheat), but I've noticed he does better on chicken based foods. His stools are not as firm on lamb formulas. As for coat and other areas, I never noticed a difference.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Same as Nick, Sammi just seems to do better with Chicken! Tried Lamb, same brand and had soft stool and itching. So I stick with what seems to work. Have a friend who switches it up all the time, her dog does great either way. So no rhyme nor reason, just see what works for you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I was originally feeding Kirkland L&R but switched to their C&R because it had less rice among the top 10 ingredients; rice was mentioned several times in that 10 in the L&R. (Kirkland is the Costco house brand and is similar to Diamond Naturals)
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

I'm the opposite our labs eat L&R because Mocha seems to do better on it. I switched her to it originally when she was being extreamly picky eatting as a puppy but I've tried to switch it back to C&R since and every time I have she gets itchy ears and feet within a few weeks so we went back to L&R and will stay there as long as they continue to do well on it. Both have firm stool and good coats and teeth so we'll stick with what works for us.