Royal Canin Labrador Junior

Thread: Royal Canin Labrador Junior

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultRoyal Canin Labrador Junior

Hi there all!

Well Milly has been on Hills Science Diet Large Puppy Breed since we got her and I've never been completely satisified with it. Her poops have never been REALLY firm and I feel as a result of this she's already had her anal glands expressed :vomit: They're light coloured and she does scratch often. Her breath is also a little off most days so we brush her teeth etc.....to try and improve that.

Anyway, I went for a stroll through a store today and asked a few of the shop assistants who have shown me a product by Royal Canin called Labrador Junior? I've been searching the web trying to find a list of ingredients for this product (didn't have any way to copy the ingredients down in the shop) and so far nada - even the Royal Canin website doesn't list the ingredients in order etc....

Can anyone advise me on this product and/or the ingredients? I might go back and write down what's in the packet but it'll take awhile. So far in Sydney since getting Milly I've seen these puppy foods stocked as "Super Premium" and there's nothing really better:

Hills Science Diet
    Eukanuba
    Eagle Pack
    Royal Canin

So we tried the Eagle Pack puppy and mixed it with her Science Diet Kibble and we had instant diarreha and scratching so we took it back after a week. (There is a 100% guarantee from the shop I buy her kibble from so I can switch and try it and take it back and get a full refund if it's not working for her) and did the same with the Eukanuba. So we're onto the last one in it's range that i've seen so far, if this one isn't right I'm not sure what else we can try.

cheers Sarah
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Royal Canin Labrador Junior

when my pup was on eagle pack her poops were very light colored also. she was going alot too. I have her now on Orijen LBP and her stools are much darker and she goes less too. Not solid all the time but better then eagle have you considered grainfree?

krisinme is offline Senior Member

I have had the best luck with mid-brand diets with my dogs. Mid-brand I mean a few grains but good ingredients. Here are a few that have worked well for my crew.
    Royal Canin Labrador 30- Love it but It is very expensive to feed 4 dogs. Plus one dog can't hold his weight on it.
    Proplan Chicken and Rice- Love it . It works well for all my dogs except my girl with a weight problem. She eats Royal Canin Lab 30 the others eat PP or a mixture of the two.
    Euk works well
    Wysong causes soup poop.
    Chicken soup for a dog lovers soul= soup poop
    science diet= crap I wouldn't feed it ever
    nutro= won't feed it
    iams= good food
    As far as grocery store foods go the only one I will feed is Purina one which is produced at the same plant as Proplan is almost has identical ingredients.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by love my chocolate
    when my pup was on eagle pack her poops were very light colored also. she was going alot too. I have her now on Orijen LBP and her stools are much darker and she goes less too. Not solid all the time but better then eagle have you considered grainfree?
    If you're in Australia and know where to get such foods i'd be happy for you to tell me where! Plus Milly is only 5 months ... I don't know if grain free is right for her yet
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia