Wouldn't you know it....just as I was getting ready to leave for a little bit, Duncan, who didn't want to come back inside anyways, stepped on a bee and was stung. (That's true Duncan fashion. :whatever: Anything to get his way.) He's been stung once before on the nose and that puffed up pretty good, and I remember giving him benadryl. This time, it is his paw. No swelling yet (it just happened). Is there anything I need to do? I don't plan to leave until DH comes home, just in case he does have a reaction. Should I give benadryl just to be safe?
Ohhh Duncan!! I prolly would give the Benedryl...
Henery tried to eat a bee once and got stung on the inside of his lip. Poor baby swelled right up! Hope Duncan is feeling better soon!!
How is he? My Golden ate a carpenter bee on Saturday and she was a mess all day. I just posted about it in LC.
"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"
I would give the benedryl it won't hurt and it should help prevent any reaction from getting too bad.
Thanks for the responses. He seemed to pull through it fine. Nothing like the last time he was stung. He was back outside and yes, was chasing bees later that same after noon. :whatever:
Oh no! Poor Duncan! Glad to read he's doing better. We've had our share of bee bites right on the muzzle, which really swelled up.
Poor Dunc, glad he's on the mend.