Halo salmon puppy food

Thread: Halo salmon puppy food

DefaultHalo salmon puppy food

Hello all.
    I am the proud owner of a 6 month old black lab.

He's been diagnosed at the vet with a sort of food allergy. They said without extensive testing it would be hard to pin down what exactly he is allergic to.

My vet then suggested to begin using Halo foods- The one ellen degeneris is the spoke women for- anyhow she said to start him on that since it was all natural etc. Later in the conversation she said, she designed the formula- so I dont know if she was trying to push up the stock in the company or if its actually that good.

MY dog is having loose stool, and its been a 30lb bag later.

I was curious does anyone else have these problems?
    What foods is everyone else using?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Halo salmon puppy food

Have you thought about grain free?

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Did the vet confirm it was FOOD allergies and not environmental allergies? What are the symptoms? other than the soft poops, are the allergies any better?

with allergies you want a food with as few ingredients as possible in hopes to picking out which ones do not work for your dog.

If Halo works for your dog that's fine. It doesn't appear to be the best food for a dog with food allergies, depending what they are allergic to. I have NEVER seen egg as the SECOND ingredient, odd! I believe oats tend to be a cause of many allergies and it's high on the list.

Ingredients: Salmon, Pea Protein, Whole Eggs, Oats, Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Pea Flour, Chicken Liver, Chicken, Flaxseed, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Fiber, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Blueberries, Green Beans, Carrots, Cranberries, Zucchini, Alfalfa, Inulin, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Salt, Folic Acid, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Enterococcous Faecium, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Soft stool can also be caused by feeding too much. How much are you feeding? The other option would be to add a probiotic/digestive enzyme.
    http://www.naturesfarmacy.com/store/...97&category=30
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC