Poop problems

Thread: Poop problems

DefaultPoop problems

I've noticed here in the last month Hunter has more diarrea than usual. And, he wakes me up sometimes late at night so he can go outside and poop. He's ok some nights, but others he's not. Last night I had to let him out at 3am and again at like 4:30 or 5am. Both times he pooped and it was kind of runny.

It's almost like half good poops, and the other half is diarrea where he may squat several times in the evenings while we're outside. I don't think he's really getting into anything that would upset is stomach, but he has always eaten grass ever since he was a puppy. Sometimes he does get into the older dogs food which is different than his, so this could contribute somewhat.

I had to take him to the vet about a month ago because he was throwing up and had chronic diarrea. She gave him some type of medicine where it would cure both, which it did, but it seems the diarrea comes back more less in spurts now hasn't been the norm for him.

I know everyone on here is going to say take him to the vet again, but I just thought I would throw this topic out there to see what everyone had to say. Thanks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Poop problems

Quote Originally Posted by usahoe18
    I know everyone on here is going to say take him to the vet again, but I just thought I would throw this topic out there to see what everyone had to say. Thanks...
    I don't know what everone will say but sure as heck the first thing I thought when I read the title was

WHAT DOES THE VET SAY?

could be parasites; could be allergies/sensitivities; could be IBD could be near anything and NO ONE (including a vet) is going to be able to fix this on the net

You'll be told to do diagnostics - some simple - fecal test; blood work - some not so simple if it goes on (possibly ultrasound, laprasopic surgery...)
    you'll have to decide what finding out the exact cause of it is worth to you

so book the vet appointment - and make sure he's not getting into anything, give him fairly low fat bland meals for the day or two til the vets (cut out any junk treats)

you may want to play with the timing of feeding too (more smaller meals; earlier meals - whatever - I hate getting up in the middle of the night )
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Poop problems

I agree -- have your vet take a fecal sample. It could be giardia, which is pretty common.