REAL dog snacks at walmart???

Thread: REAL dog snacks at walmart???

DefaultREAL dog snacks at walmart???

They have "organic" dog treats/snacks at walmart for 4.48 for a LARGE bag.NO bi-products and the main ingredients listed is chicken/beef/peas...whatelse do I need to look at to see if its something good for my dogs.I been getting the Nutro snacks but 5 bucks for a SMALL snack pack getting pricy fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: REAL dog snacks at walmart???

Most commercial dog treats tend to be overpriced considering their quality. You can prepare treats from food items from your own home for a fraction of the price and they are generally far healthier, too.

That said, not ALL commercial treats are bad. Treats from the better brands of dog food (Timberwolf Organics, Eagle Pack, Orijen, Solid Gold, etc.) tend to be far superior in quality. However, I doubt any of those are available at Wal-Mart. Most independent pet stores will stock them, though.

Well compairing them to the "crunchy" nutro treats and the ONLY added ingredient is peas...which dont seem so bad..I would LOVE to make them at home but with 3 kids under 6 and the 4 more I have daily thats NOT happening.I do notice that my doggy is guarding my daughter with C/P more then any of the other kids and NO LONGER jumping on her but he will jump on the others..Kinda funny how dogs seem to sense things..OK over that but the snacks i got today you can see oats in them and dried berries,they smell good enough to eat...HUM..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

If it's made in China, I'd pass.