Snorting/Sneezing

Thread: Snorting/Sneezing

DefaultSnorting/Sneezing

Tiegan started slightly sneezing and then snorting somewhat consistently today. I am not overly concerned, but want to pay attention to all her habits and behaviors. She is 13 weeks tomorrow, so I am still being very mindful of these signs to assess her maturing immune system.
    I would not describe the behavior as a reverse sneeze. I had purchased a Vet book, Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, but it does not cover this topic, at least I could not find anything.

Thanks,

Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Snorting/Sneezing

has she been around other dogs lately? Sounds like she may be getting kennel cough.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Hi Dani,
    Yes. She was at puppy social hour on Saturday. Her sneezing has become more regular this morning.
    If she has developed kennel cough my thoughts are do I let her own immune system deal w/ it?

Thanks,

Doug

Ps. I posted in the Holistic section. I am never quite sure where to post something like this yet. I am pasting the link here to avoid crossing up anyone who can offer help. I do feed Tiegan raw and want to work w/in the raw diet strenghts. https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,74363.0.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

well, you can monitor it...but if she get's green nose discharge, take her to a vet and keep her away from other animals. Notify the others in the play group that she contracted KC. I wouldn't give antibiotics unless she has green goo coming out of her nose...otherwise at this stage she has a cold and it will go away on it own.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Thanks Dani.
    Got it.
    Her sneezing and snorting has lessened throughout the day. Her nasal drip/runny nose (has been clear in color the entire time), has also lessened to virtually nothing now. I am hoping it will be nothing by tomorrow morning and we can chalk this one up to her developing her immune system.

Thanks,

Doug