Another diarhhea question.

Thread: Another diarhhea question.

DefaultAnother diarhhea question.

Can eating a lot of ice (just from the backyard) and an unusual amount of excercise cause watery brown diarrhea?
    We have had a new doggy friend visit for the first time and they have been playing non stop for 2 days. Rufus has never seen this amount of interaction yet. He is 6 months now and just recently neutered.
    He has had the diarrhea since this morning but seems to be in good spirits. He'll still drink lots and ate all his dinner which consisted of plain pasta on the advice of his ex vet.
    He has never eaten snow and ice like this before which leads me to believe this is the cause.
    Oh yeah, also forgot to mention he had his first social out at the off-leash park on saturday.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    ciao...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Another diarhhea question. UPDATE

Well for some reason the thread was locked so I have re-posted.

Rufus was just at the vet and is on some sort of meds for the next 5 days.

He's also been put on a strict diet of boiled ground beef and rice. He'll probably love that!

Fecal report should be back today\tomorrow sometime.

DefaultRe: Another diarhhea question.

I'm glad you took him to the vet, even though they seem like they've grown a lot by six months, they can still become dehydrated pretty quickly.

He could've eaten something along with the snow, or maybe it was bacteria in the snow, or maybe it was just a lot of frozen water that upset his stomach. If the stool samples are clear, it was probably just all that snow like you said. Hopefully a bland diet and the meds will firm him up quickly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yes I hope so.
    Jackson, his new buddy from Calgary, is all up to date on his shots, so that eliminates any kind of virus or something like it.
    Very anxious to get the results back.

;DWell we had a solid one this morning! ;D

He doesn't mind the beef and rice either.

Jes has a very sensitive stomach and at that age it seemed like everything gave him diarrhea. Too sudden a change in food, something new he ate (usually something I didn't want him to eat ), or the stress of a vet visit for puppy shots. I remember the simple joys of a solid bowel movement.

Geez! Now it's like he's constipated!

Only a little tiny poop (semi-solid) once a day.

We have started to mix the dry food back into the rice and beef mix. Hopefully some more solid poop is on the way!

Poor guy is like a sea-gull around the table. You can just see it in his eyes. Like he's saying "drop it, drop it, come on drop it."

Time will tell.