Who's got female Labs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Who's got female Labs?

  1. #1
    JustineNYC Guest

    DefaultWho's got female Labs?

    Im clueless when it comes to females, Molly is my first, Ive ALWAYS had boys and now I know why! Anyway, yesterday she turned 5 months. All her baby teeth are gone...and her canines are poking out of her gums and on the way down....her back molars are also coming in.

    My question is.....I noticed she had discharge coming from her vagina. I guess its like a white/clear color, and she cleans down there alot, if she doesnt, her hair down there sticks together. I noticed because my male is all over her, everytime she gets up or walks by, his nose goes there.

    Is this normal? Is it like people, is this what happens before she goes into heat, and then its blood instead?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    windycanyon's Avatar
    windycanyon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    C. WA
    Posts
    2,623

    DefaultRe: Who's got female Labs?

    Hand raised-- I have 6 here, ranging from 16 mos to almost 13 yrs!
    Sounds to me like normal puppy vaginitis if anything at all. Just keep an eye on her if the licking seems excessive as she could end up w/ a UTI. Anne

    WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,230

    DefaultRe: Who's got female Labs?

    I have a female but I've never noticed any discharge other than the blood when she was in heat. Does she have an innie maybe? It should be too early for her to go into heat yet I would think.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    362

    DefaultRe: Who's got female Labs?

    Quote Originally Posted by birdbrainz
    Hand raised-- I have 6 here, ranging from 16 mos to almost 13 yrs!
    Sounds to me like normal puppy vaginitis if anything at all. Just keep an eye on her if the licking seems excessive as she could end up w/ a UTI. Anne
    Im raising my hand too... I agree with birdbrainz i think it's normal

  7. #5
    JustineNYC Guest

    DefaultRe: Who's got female Labs?

    Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    I have a female but I've never noticed any discharge other than the blood when she was in heat. Does she have an innie maybe? It should be too early for her to go into heat yet I would think.
    No its definitely not an innie, hehe

  8. #6
    JustineNYC Guest

    DefaultRe: Who's got female Labs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsina
    Quote Originally Posted by birdbrainz
    Hand raised-- I have 6 here, ranging from 16 mos to almost 13 yrs!
    Sounds to me like normal puppy vaginitis if anything at all. Just keep an eye on her if the licking seems excessive as she could end up w/ a UTI. Anne
    Im raising my hand too... I agree with birdbrainz i think it's normal
    Thats what I was hoping. Its not alot, I mean it doesnt get on anything, I just wasnt sure if anything coming out of there was normal LOL

  9. #7
    georgie's Avatar
    georgie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    22,832

    DefaultRe: Who's got female Labs?

    I have females & I have never noticed any discharge except when Abby went into heat & it was bloody. maybe have her checked for vaginitis or UTI. Good luck.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,653

    DefaultRe: Who's got female Labs?

    My girls never had discharge unless there was an infection.

  11. #9
    windycanyon's Avatar
    windycanyon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    C. WA
    Posts
    2,623

    DefaultRe: Who's got female Labs?

    Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    I have females & I have never noticed any discharge except when Abby went into heat & it was bloody. maybe have her checked for vaginitis or UTI. Good luck.
    If your older girls are like mine though, they tend to "clean" the younger pups down there, so you'd not likely see anything.

    WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

  12. #10
    georgie's Avatar
    georgie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    22,832

    DefaultRe: Who's got female Labs?

    Maybe Molly is an oddball but she has never cleaned or licked Abby "down there."

    Now she will sniff her butt on occasion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25