Eukenuba Labrador Ret....?

Thread: Eukenuba Labrador Ret....?

DefaultEukenuba Labrador Ret....?

Has anyone here used or familiar with Eukenuba Labrador Retriever? Any luck with it? Or problems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Eukenuba Labrador Ret....?

Just use the regular Eukanuba. The Lab food is a gimmick.

Laura

Dani is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    +1
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Unfortunately there are no regular formulas of Euk any more it seems. You either have large breed adult, med breed adult, breed specific and all the in-betweens.
    Formula-wise there is no difference between LB Adult and the Lab formula. I call it idiot proof shopping. People tend to shop by label, visually. So they are marketing formulas toward the popular breeds to make it simple. But IMO they've just confused me more! LOL
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbaylabs
    Unfortunately there are no regular formulas of Euk any more it seems. You either have large breed adult, med breed adult, breed specific and all the in-betweens.
    No kidding? Shows you how long it's been since I've bought Eukanuba.

Laura

Wow, researching it a bit more I am suprised I fell for that one. I'm normally more on top of "checking" into things. The only additional ingredient is L-Carnitine....I noticed (thank god I didn't open the bag yet) that I paid about $10 more for the same bag with a pretty picture of a labby on the front, haha. I also realized that they have a large breed reduced fat (that I didn't see the other day) that we may go with given that one of our guys has hip/weight problems...Any thoughts on that one?

Check the ingredients on the low fat food. LF foods are generally full of fillers. It's better to feed less than to feed a LF food. If the dog is starving after you cut the food back, then you can add green beans. Sodium free is best but if you can't find those then rinse the canned kind before you add it to the food.

Laura

Check the ingredients on the low fat food. LF foods are generally full of fillers. It's better to feed less than to feed a LF food. If the dog is starving after you cut the food back, then you can add green beans. Sodium free is best but if you can't find those then rinse the canned kind before you add it to the food.
    Okay, maybe I will just stick with the regular then. I already add either green beans, carrots, rice, chicken or cottage cheese depending on the day and what is easy. All of those are okay, correct? I do a half cup as is on the low fat blue buffalo, but when I switch them maybe I will do a cup of the yummy stuff.

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dani
    +1
    I agree here too!

rpliegos Guest

I bought it out of curiosity. I was feeding Large Breed Puppy but Misha was ready to change to Adult formula anyway and Homero came back overweight from training school, so changing to an adult formula seemed OK.

I think it´s just marketing but there seems to be a larger amount of glucosamine / joint support compared to the normal LB formula. It was also a bit more expensive but the large bag actually has a couple more pounds (2 more i think).

Kids reacted very well to the food change, none had any upset stomach issues, and little Homer is a fit kid again showing a waistline in place of his "homer simpson" belly.

Conclusion. I think the product is good, but also think the "labrador formula" is just marketing with no single difference to a german shepard formula