Bedding?

Thread: Bedding?

Tinat1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultBedding?

I know most of you have your dogs inside, but for the outsiders, what bedding do you like best. Mine are on straw because little Britches eats wood shavings. I wish there was something better in the winter, since straw seems to make them sneeze

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Bedding?

They are outside all the time?

They actually live in our barn in a stall we set aside for their bedroom. So they are inside at night but it is soooo cold. They are out of the wind, but the stall has a wood floor so I stack it with straw about 3 feet deep.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Do you have any room for crates in your home, like the basement, garage or family /recroom, or anywhere where they could be warm indoors? I don't know what your climate is like, but here in Nova Scotia if you left a dog in an unheated barn overnight in winter you would wake up to a pupsicle.

can you get them big, soft dog beds like the ones from Cosco?

WHOA.....I sure don't want any popsicle weather . I think the coldest it's been here in the winter was maybe 8 degress for overnight low. It's not that bad and my husband said no way in the house. It's new :'(
    Anyway, I can get on cosco website and maybe order some beds. If they are real thick they might work as well as straw. With the straw they scratch around and kinda of cover themselves up. I know it keeps them warm, it's just nasty.

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

Actually your deep straw bedding is the best for them. You just need to buy a better quality of 'clean, bright' straw. Good quality straw has no mold and not a lot of 'dust'.
    The fact that they burrow into is tells one that it is the best bedding for them in a cold situation.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09