Bad Batch Of Kibble?

Thread: Bad Batch Of Kibble?

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

DefaultBad Batch Of Kibble?

I started a new bag of dog food for Breezy the night before last. Gave her her dinner aroung the usual time. In the morning, before breakfast, she threw up just a little. This is not normal for her. I waited a bit and then gave her her breakfast. That was around 8:30am. Around 3 pm that afternoon (yesterday) she threw up her entire breakfast. I was pretty puzzled, as this is not a normal occurence. I thought maybe there was a chance she could have eaten something on our walk, even though I watch her like a hawk. Just to be on the safe side, I went out and bought a new bag of her kibble. I gave her her dinner last night from the new bag. She was fine the rest of the night. Same thing with breakfast this morning (so far). Her poops have been normal, and she seems fine otherwise. I'm wondering if it was just a bad batch of kibble? What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Bad Batch Of Kibble?

Hmmm.....23 views, and no replies. :-\ Bummer.

Hmm... kinda sounds like it to me... ???

How is Breezy doing today?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Defiantly is possible.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

Breezy's doing fine now, thanks! I've been feeding her from the new bag, and so far all is good. It's a bit of a guessing game I suppose. I think I will throw out the other just-opened bag just to be on the safe side.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Before throwing it out, is there any difference in the "Best used by" date between the two?

It sure sounds like a "bad bag".

What brand is it and where did you buy it? I'd sure call the company and ask them -- they may want some of the ID from the bag. I'd think they should be very concerned about this just as you are.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Bob Pr.,
    The 'best used by' dates are the same: May 2009. But the code numbers below the dates are NOT the same. The kibble is Purina Pro Plan, Adult, Chicken and Rice. Even though I can't prove that Breezy threw up from the Pro Plan, do you think I should still let them know?

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Even though I can't prove that Breezy threw up from the Pro Plan, do you think I should still let them know?
    Yes. Absolutely.

It may have something to do with how the sales outlet stored that kibble.

I would think they'd surely want you to ship back the bag at their expense for them to test and very likely they'll give you a coupon for a new bag.

This will give you a good view of that company's responsibility and, since it's Nestlé-Purina, I think you'll be pleased.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Okay, thanks Bob. I'll contact Purina and let them know. Thanks for your input!

Catherine