POLL about vaccinations, vote please!!

View Poll Results: Has your dog(s) ever had an adverse reaction to being vaccinated? (you can vote up to 6 times for th

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, getting his/her shots didn't seem to make any difference in my dog's behaviours or physical state

47 65.28%
  • He/she seemed a little more tired/lethargic after being vaccinated. Really just seemed a bit "off"

14 19.44%
  • My dog had a mild reaction to being vaccinated, including a small rash that went away relatively quickly, or something else along those lines (peeing/pooping more than normal, etc.)

6 8.33%
  • My dog had a significant reaction to their vaccinations that resulted in a severe health problem and or life-threatening condition

5 6.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POLL about vaccinations, vote please!!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultPOLL about vaccinations, vote please!!

I've been doing a bit of research about vaccines and have started wondering how common adverse reactions are. None of them seemed to phase Baloo in the least, but I'm pretty sure the rabies vaccine gave Peanut a bit of a rash on her tummy. :-\

So if you could answer the poll and maybe post about your experiences, that would be fantastic!!

Thanks!

P.s - you can vote up to 6 times to take multiple dog households into account.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: POLL about vaccinations, vote please!!

None of mine have ever had a reaction.

Laura

I didn't know how to vote... :-\

Henery has never had problems with the "core" vaccinations (distemper/parvo, rabies) but had a wicked bad reaction to his lepto vaccine last year... he had explosive (and I do mean explosive) diarrhea (liquid grunties!!) for 2-3 days afterwards.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I voted "nope" because there have never been any obvious immediate physical reactions with my dogs....other than maybe a small lump at the injection site that disappeared fairly quickly. Very mild reactions could be easy to miss I would think.....especially with Labs, because they are so stoic. I did have a small older dog years ago who I believe (now) went downhill faster because of being vaccinated even though she already had a health issue. This was a very long time ago before a lot of thought was given to the whole yearly vaccination issue.

Something I've always wondered.....Whether you have a Saint Bernard or a Chihuahua the shot seems to be the same size/same amount of vaccine. Why is this?

No obvious reactions in Angus.

Mygirls2 is offline Senior Member

I split Sarah's vaccinations, about 1 month between. She gets a skin fungus when she has them together. I suspect it is something that is in our ground, and when her shots are given together it lowers her immune system.

JustineNYC Guest

Only thing Ive experienced is Dale gets a knot where ever he gets hi rabies shot....which is on his tush. never anything else. The dr always says "they may be a little sleepy after this" for th vaccinations and my reply is always 'Lets hope so' but nope....never anything.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    I didn't know how to vote... :-\

Henery has never had problems with the "core" vaccinations (distemper/parvo, rabies) but had a wicked bad reaction to his lepto vaccine last year... he had explosive (and I do mean explosive) diarrhea (liquid grunties!!) for 2-3 days afterwards.

Yikes! I'd say that qualifies as "severe". :-\
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Okay, I voted.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

the only dog I have ever had have a reaction was my Maltese Kramer and it was because they gave him a lepto shot in his combo. He had never ever had a lepto before.
    He was in severe pain within 5 minutes, screaming if you even tried to touch or move him.
    Every one else has never had a reaction.
    Kim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast