any suggestions?

Thread: any suggestions?

Defaultany suggestions?

Hello everyone,

I have a 1 1/2 year old black lab named Walter. Walter has had some health issues since he was a pup. Recently I had some allergy testing done as a last resort and it came back he is allergic to a type of dust mite that lives in mold. The only thing I can think of is that the carpet in the room we keep him in has mold under it. I live in an apartment and don't have the option of installing new carpet or have the space to move his kennel, does anyone have any suggestions on things to try? The vet reccomends a type of allergy injection treatment, but I can't afford that right now. I'm still paying on vet bills from the last 1 1/2 years of trying to figure out what was wrong with him. I love him so much and hate to see him suffer, he is constantly scratching: which caused sores, and then the open soress cause an infection. I just want my loving and outgoing dog to stop suffering!

Sweetlady_ody

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: any suggestions?

Allergies are miserable. Can you keep him in an area that isn't carpeted like the kitchen? If you think there is mold under the carpet, I'd be insisting that it get replaced. It can be a health hazard for you too. I wouldn't tell the super it was for the dog. I'd say it was for your own health.

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

I have a chessie that has seasonal skin allergies (from April to Nov). We put him on Shark Oil and Wholistic Canine Complete. It definately helped. It reduced his need for medications (antibiotics and steroids) by about half. No cure...but he looked and felt better. It might be worth a try.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    If you think there is mold under the carpet, I'd be insisting that it get replaced. It can be a health hazard for you too. I wouldn't tell the super it was for the dog. I'd say it was for your own health.
    Ditto.