separation anxiety or sick?

Thread: separation anxiety or sick?

CarolynK is offline Junior Member

Defaultseparation anxiety or sick?

Hi, I was hoping you guys would have guesses as to what's going on with my 13 month old black girl. She has wet her crate like 3 nights in a row now ... (she didn't even pee in her crate when she was a baby) We have no idea why she is peeing in there. For attention? Maybe she's sick and can't hold it in?

The only thing that is different is I just got a job and I'm home a lot less now. 3 days a week I work 12 hours and mon-tue-wed of this week I was gone. I live with my family so it's not as if she's home alone all the time or anything. I don't know if she's just spoiled and doesn't want to be in her crate (she usually loves her crate) I was thinking of calling the vet and describing the problem, but I thought I'd get some of your opinions first. Last night she peed in her crate so I took her up to my room and she slept in my bed the whole night through... not a peep out of her. Is she a queen or is she sick? Any thoughts?

Carolyn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: separation anxiety or sick?

I'd have her checked for a UTI first off and go from there.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: separation anxiety or sick?

UTI would be my first choice also. SA usually takes different forms.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748