Does anyone buy Flint River Dog food?

Thread: Does anyone buy Flint River Dog food?

SurferMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoes anyone buy Flint River Dog food?

We have a few friends who feed this to their labs and swear by it. Wondering if anyone buys it for their labs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jan elaine Guest

DefaultRe: Does anyone buy Flint River Dog food?

Never heard of it but then I certainly don't know all the brands. By the way, I love the new pic!

Thanks, its not suppose to be that big. I even made it smaller

The dogfood has no fillers or anything, anyway we ordered it and am waiting for it. Larry works with 3 people that have labs and they swear by it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

There are others with much more knowledge. I guess one thing I have picked up is to watch that there is not too much calcium in the feed while the pup is still growing, until the growth plates close. Too much calcium apparently contributes to Hip and Elbow Displasia, or goes the theory.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

imported_bearsdad is offline Senior Member

Yes I feed their trout and potatoe and use their treats as well. There are certainly better foods out there, and many worse. My dogs both do well on it and that all that matters to me
    <br /><br />&quot;in moments of joy, all of us wish we possessed a tail we could wag.&quot;<br />w.h. auden<br /><br />&quot;This is worse than a divorce... I&#39;ve lost half of my net worth and I still have my wife&quot;

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

One of my dogs gets FRR, and does fantastic on it. I have been tempted to start my other lab on it as well, but I have other thoughts about a diet to try with that dog. I order it directly from the company...not from a distributor. It cuts out the middle-man.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Ya I ordered it right from them too and we got the trout treats, but they are coming later this week.

I was wondering if I should mix it with what we are giving her now to introduce her to it like I did when I switched foods originally.

Thanks everyone.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurferMom
    I was wondering if I should mix it with what we are giving her now to introduce her to it like I did when I switched foods originally.
    Yes...anytime there is a diet change, you should really be doing it over about 5 days or so...just cutting down more and more on the old stuff while increasing the percentage of the new stuff.

Did you find them through this website? http://www.frrco.com/indexFlash.cfm?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon