Abbey's limping...

Thread: Abbey's limping...

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultAbbey's limping...

Hi everyone,

My puppy, Abbey, now about 9 months old, started limping yesterday. It kind of came out of the blue. I know we were playing with her and she was running around, so she might have slipped and we just didn't see it.

It's kind of hard to figure out exactly where it's hurting her, but she is definitely walking weird and has a limp.

This morning she was walking normal after resting all night but later today after she had been walking around, she started limping again. She's still walking around, jumping onto the bed and going up stairs, so i don't think it is hurting her too bad..

My question is, should I just make her rest up for a few days and see if it goes away? She's in the crate for about 5 hours during the week while everyone is at work, so that should help. Plus we took away her toys she runs around with and left her with her chew toys. Should I just see if it gets better in a couple days or should I try to take her to the vet tomorrow??

Thanks everyone!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Abbey's limping...

Sorry about Abbey's limping. I hope it's just a sprain and will go away. Is it a front leg limp or rear leg? You can take Abbey to a vet on Monday, but the vet will most likely tell you to rest Abbey for a few days and see what happens. I would limit her jumping on and off the bed and going up and down the stairs for a few days.

A vet can also prescribe some anti-inflamatories for Abbey, like Rimadyl.

justine is offline Senior Member

It's her front leg. I think I'm going to just make her rest for a few days and hope that it gets better. I've been carrying her up/down the stairs and onto/off of the bed whenever I can, but she likes to race me up/down the stairs, so sometimes she won't let me carry her.. But that's a puppy for you!

Thanks! I'll see if it's better by Wednesday and see if she still needs to go in...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

I think I would just rest her for a few days. Try your best to keep her from running and jumping around. I would leash her while in the house it might make it easier to make her slow down and not jump. Hopefully it's just a little sprain and will go away on it's own.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol