Feeding requirements...
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Feeding requirements...

  1. #1
    Dawson Creek Girl's Avatar
    Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I'm an Alberta girl
    Posts
    2,790

    DefaultFeeding requirements...

    Am I reading this label right?
    In that Bentley should be around the two cup level? I threw the bag out when I dumped it into his 'bin'.

    He was a 'grazer' at the breeders but today he ate 3/4 c times 3.

    http://www.championpetfoods.com/orij...geFeeding.aspx
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•


  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    canUdigIt is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,559

    DefaultRe: Feeding requirements...

    I've always adhered to the 'put it down for 5 minutes and see what he can eat' method. Then pick it up, and its gone until the next meal. Do that for a day or two and see how much he is eating.

    I rarely feed what it says on the bag...of any food.

  4. #3
    Dawson Creek Girl's Avatar
    Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I'm an Alberta girl
    Posts
    2,790

    DefaultRe: Feeding requirements...

    Well, the 3/4 of a cup he is eating in less than 5 minutes. I put a cup down tonight and he left 1/4 of it and walked away.

    Geesh, you wouldn't know that it has only been about 16 months since I went through this before would ya.. lol!!

    The breeder was feeding Eukanuba so the guidelines are different for the Orijen...
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•


  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Baloo317's Avatar
    Baloo317 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,793

    DefaultRe: Feeding requirements...

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    I've always adhered to the 'put it down for 5 minutes and see what he can eat' method. Then pick it up, and its gone until the next meal. Do that for a day or two and see how much he is eating.
    Ditto. He'll pick it up soon. It's hard to believe now, but Baloo was a grazer as a pup. He got out of the habit and started finishing all his meals in one sitting within a week.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!


  7. #5
    Dawson Creek Girl's Avatar
    Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I'm an Alberta girl
    Posts
    2,790

    DefaultRe: Feeding requirements...

    That is good to know ~ I think Bentley will too!
    If Rowan wasn't here I wouldn't be overly worried but she will go and eat his too. It also will help with the housebreaking, although he has been doing pretty good.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•


  8. #6
    Baloo317's Avatar
    Baloo317 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,793

    DefaultRe: Feeding requirements...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawson Creek Girl
    That is good to know ~ I think Bentley will too!
    If Rowan wasn't here I wouldn't be overly worried but she will go and eat his too
    hee hee, Peanut would do the same thing! Baloo would walk away from his bowl and Peanut would be like "sweet, SECONDS!!" : I didn't wait the five minutes, I just took it up when he walked away.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!


  9. #7
    Dawson Creek Girl's Avatar
    Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I'm an Alberta girl
    Posts
    2,790

    DefaultRe: Feeding requirements...

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawson Creek Girl
    That is good to know ~ I think Bentley will too!
    If Rowan wasn't here I wouldn't be overly worried but she will go and eat his too
    hee hee, Peanut would do the same thing! Baloo would walk away from his bowl and Peanut would be like "sweet, SECONDS!!" : I didn't wait the five minutes, I just took it up when he walked away.
    Yeah, that is exactly what I am doing too!
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25