Lump to be removed

Thread: Lump to be removed

mybailey is offline Junior Member

DefaultLump to be removed

Hi it's been quite a long time since I posted last but still kept on checking threads for advices. Last year we found a lump just under Bailey's right arm more on her chest wall about the size of an egg, we went to our vet and after examining it he said to monitor it, he didn't do an needle aspiration, after reading here and on another forum about the aspiration I contacted a couple of more vets in my area but it seems that aspiration is not a common practice here, anyway we kept on monitoring and in a year it grew double its size, so we went for her annual vaccations two weeks ago and he re-examined it and now wants to surgically remove it. The lump is soft and moveable always has been this way. Our vet said it's nothing to worry about but it's better to have it removed now, to say the truth I didn't quite like the look on his face, DH said I imagined it but to me his face was not so sure that it's nothing. The surgery is due on the 1st of February.

Any thoughts or similiar experiences on what to expect after the surgery, how long does the recovery take.

BTW Bailey is 3.4 yrs and she's abit on the overweight size, we have started the diet and she already lost some weight not much but we will get there

Thanks for your replies

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Lump to be removed

I don't have any experience with one like that just wanted to say I hope everything goes smoothly. Labs are prone to fatty lumps which can be pretty big and are nothing to worry about unless they are in a spot that can make it difficult to move. Mocha had a small lump removed from her butt (maybe 2" to the left of center) when she was 9 months it healed up great it was a non cancerous tumor. She's now 3 1/2 and hasn't had anything since.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Hope all goes well. We use K-State's CollVetMed Tchng Hospl and they check everything. I'd certainly ask that the lump be sent off for evaluation.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mybailey is offline Junior Member

Hi, yes I have already talked to our vet when I made the surgery appt. to send the lump for biopsy but unfortunately it will take about 10days for the results, he said that most probably it a fatty tumor a lipoma, but as I said it's the look on his face that I didn't like, sort of there was more to it, maybe I'm just worrying too much.

I just hope that it's just benign

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sending good thoughts & hoping it's just a fatty benign lump.