elbow callaus?

Thread: elbow callaus?

copptob is offline Member

Defaultelbow callaus?

Hello, just lookin for some advice. Copper my five year old chocolate labbie had a mast cell tumor two years ago, i noticed a lump near his elbow but it seems to be very hard almost like a callus and i know with the mast cell tumor's they tend to disappear and reappear daily. This has not changed in size really and is very very hard and dry and cracking.... anyone have any advice... thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: elbow callaus?

It does sound like a callous, but without seeing it I can't be sure. Given Copper's history, if you aren't sure what it is, it wouldn't hurt to have the vet look at it. If it is a callous, Bag Balm works pretty good at softening the skin back up.

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

Callus's on the elbows is pretty common in labs and are just like you described just rough hard craked looking skin. With his history for the tumor it wouldn't hurt to have the vet check it out if your worried though.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by copptob
    Hello, just lookin for some advice. Copper my five year old chocolate labbie had a mast cell tumor two years ago, i noticed a lump near his elbow but it seems to be very hard almost like a callus and i know with the mast cell tumor's they tend to disappear and reappear daily. This has not changed in size really and is very very hard and dry and cracking.... anyone have any advice... thanks.

Does it look like this?

Dales had this callus for a while, its gotten more 'callus-sie' as hes gotten older. The doctor looked at it and gave me some cream. His other elbow is covered with hair, so I think when he lays, he just favors the left side.

copptob is offline Member

thanks so much for getting back to me, it doesn't really look like that picture. It is a lump a soft lump with very hard cracking skin on it.. right near the elbow.

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by copptob
    thanks so much for getting back to me, it doesn't really look like that picture. It is a lump a soft lump with very hard cracking skin on it.. right near the elbow.

Id take him to a vet then.