Treats made in China

Thread: Treats made in China

Joey is offline Senior Member

DefaultTreats made in China

I just got back from the store and found these treats that I was pretty excited about. They are called Cod Fish Bites and are supposed to be all natural and the ingredients are Cod and Flour. I thought they seemed great, not lots of fillers and all that, but then I found in tiny writing at the bottom that they are made in China :-\ I always try to buy things made in Canada and the US because I have heard some bad things about stuff made elsewhere, especially China. Not sure if they are okay or not or should I throw them away???

I did give him one before I saw that and he loved them, but man do they smell!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Suegene is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Treats made in China

Throw them out. Too much weird stuff going on right now. Plus you have to wonder if they will make his breath bad.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I thought I posted on this already, maybe on another board or did you post twice.

If you don't want to feed them, don't throw them away. Take them back to the store and ask for a refund and tell them you are not supporting food from China. If enough people do this, then maybe the stores will think twice. Throwing it away just put you out of money and doesn't let anyone know that the Chinese products bother you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lipplabbysmom is offline Member

I won't feed anything from China and it is hard to find things NOT made in China. I have moved to making my own treats ...so I bake for the dog twice a month but I feel safer I use rice flour, organic pb, organic honey and milk.....he loves them and I do not have to worry

TAKE IT BACK tell them YOU will not buy from China

lipplabbysmom is offline Member

I forgot to mention that MOST vitamins are made in China even our human ones marked with made in USA...because the ingredience do not have to all be USA ..I wrote many companies on this and they admit taurine and a few others are ALL from China we do not make them here..Thus I give very little kibble but enough for some vitamins...my dog eats veggies of all colors and fruits.....and meat...so um even store bought treats made in the USA ....have some things from China...ugh

Quote Originally Posted by lipplabbysmom
    I won't feed anything from China and it is hard to find things NOT made in China. I have moved to making my own treats ...so I bake for the dog twice a month but I feel safer I use rice flour, organic pb, organic honey and milk.....he loves them and I do not have to worry

TAKE IT BACK tell them YOU will not buy from China
    My wife makes cookies for our 14 month old lab. He loves them. We know what's in them. And they're so much cheaper.

LexiLuLu is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper
    Throw them out. Too much weird stuff going on right now. Plus you have to wonder if they will make his breath bad.
    Have to agree on this.

Pet food industry is so unregulated to begin with and Chinese industry is even worse.