Won't run

Thread: Won't run

RobinB is offline Member

DefaultWon't run

This afternoon when I took my dog for a walk everything was fine. When we got home and I took his leash off to let him run he darted off like he usually does and he whimpered when he did it. He stoped and tried again and whimpered again and then he wouldn't run. He has been sort all night no. Walks fine. Gets up and down fine. But he won't run, if I squeeze his two sides together (by his tail) he whimpers. He doesn't want to climb the stairs. He has never until this afternoon displayed this behavior. Could he have slept on it wrong? He is resting right now. I tried to massage his legs and he was fine with that but if I squeeze both of them he doesn't want me to touch him. Even yesterday I had him sit pretty for a treat and no problem. Today now he won't do it. I feel bad for him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Won't run

I would get him checked out by a vet, maybe get some x-rays done, just to check for dysplasia. I believe it's pretty common for them to be bothered by some things and not others, and that it can vary from dog to dog.

Hope he's OK.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Rest him for a few days. No walks, no exercise, nothing. If it doesn't improve after a few days rest, book him into the vets.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

Not sure what it could be but I would get him into the vet to have him checked out. A few days total rest wouldn't be a bad idea first just to make sure it's not something small.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

RobinB is offline Member

Thanks for the replies. I decided to rest him and he is getting better. I don't know what he actually did but he is getting better so that is all that counts.

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

Good to hear hopefully it was just a sprain and will heal on it's own with rest.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol