Biting herself..

Thread: Biting herself..

alleria is offline Member

DefaultBiting herself..

Abby had food allergies in the past, but we changed her diet and that seemed to get things under control.
    This morning I noticed a mark on her lower belly that actually had been bleeding at one point in time!

I recently started working a 2nd job, so I am not home in the evenings with her like I had been.. she's at home with my boyfriend, but she isn't attached to him, basically she could care less that he's there.

She hasn't been acting herself since I started this new routine, last week and now this week will be #2.

Is there anything I can do to to help make this transition to this new routine any easier for her? I feel so bad, I know she must miss me

Or could her food allergies be acting up? Either way, she needs to make a trip to the vet to get her shots so I will have him look at this too..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Biting herself..

Any chance she could have fleas. When our yorkie had them he was biting himself a lot. The stress could be causing a hot spot too. I've heard to use the gold bond medicated powder to dry them up if it's a hot spot.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

alleria is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    Any chance she could have fleas. When our yorkie had them he was biting himself a lot. The stress could be causing a hot spot too. I've heard to use the gold bond medicated powder to dry them up if it's a hot spot.

I don't think, she is treated every month with Advantix, but I'm sure that doesnt mean anything..
    Last time I ran the flea comb through her, nothing got combed out... i'll have to try the gold bond.

I usually played with her when I was home, she maybe she is bored and taking it out on herself?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

It can't hurt to check for the fleas our Yorkie was on Frontline plus the whole time he had fleas it doens't kill them until they bite so he was still getting bit by them. Poor thing it took us a while to completly get rid of them even though we bathed him and washed everything and treated the carpet.

Is it a ozzy spot? Our dogs haven't had any hot spots but I know several on here who have mentioned them and the gold bond helping a lot. Hopefully you can get it cleared up.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol