12 yr old golden lab Panting alot during night

Thread: 12 yr old golden lab Panting alot during night

Feelthe is offline Junior Member

Default12 yr old golden lab Panting alot during night

hey everyone im new to the forum, but i was wanting to find out some information. firstly my lab is 12 years old hes abit heavy as most labs are. the problem we are having is that he is panting alot during the night most nights. its currently summer where we live and the temps can be around 15c + at night, could this be the course of this panting or might it be something else. i would appreciate any further suggestions on what i can do to try help him

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 12 yr old golden lab Panting alot during night

what does the vet say?

panting at night can indicate a number of things - many of which can be controlled with some medical help..I am not a vet nor if I was would I try diagnosing something like panting over the net

it seems unlikely to me that he'd be hotter at night then in the day ... he should be asleep peacefully

I'd book an appointment soon and be prepared for bloodwork and xrays on that visit

hang in there
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

hes abit heavy as most labs are.
    Most labs are not abit heavy. It's all about what he's eating, how much he's eating and how much exercise he gets. So how heavy is he? That could be part of the problem. You know how overweight people tend to breathe a bit heavy at times? :-\

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

Again - adding heavey to the mix your vet is the best place to start - if he truly is overweight he is MORE at risk for some of the conditions that can demonstrate as panting...

head to the vet and I'll hope for a happy "he's hot and too big "report on your return
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller