Eye "goop" - they both have it now?

Thread: Eye "goop" - they both have it now?

Heids533 is offline Senior Member

DefaultEye "goop" - they both have it now?

One morning last week we woke up and Grace (shes 2) had eye gooies, and her eye looked red and runny. I watched it all day and wiped it clean with a warm towel. Her brother also kept licking her eye. Initialy we thought she scratched it, or got something in there that irrated it because she was acting fine etc. Then today Tundra wakes up and he has a goopy eye now. Is there something I can do tonight? What is it do you think? Its gross, sticky and crunchy too. I hope it is nothing and they can wait till we can get n to the vet this weekend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Azusateach is offline Member

DefaultRe: Eye "goop" - they both have it now?

It's uncomfortable to the dogs. Think about when your eyes are irritated -- it's that bad for them & when they try rubbing them with their paws they can do damage. I'd take an hour or 2 off & get them in to the vet ASAP. You don't want this to escalate into something much worse.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Sounds like conjunctivitis to me, I had a bout of it with my guys a few months ago and they passed it back and forth like a hot potatoe. :

I'd also get them to the vet, the treatment is just an ointment to put in their eyes, relatively easy and inexpensive.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

I know I worried about Rowan's eye shortly after I brought her home and I used a steeped tea bag that was warm and held it over her eye.

It was around the time of her puppy vaccinations so I also had her at the vet to rule anything else out too!
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•