Update on Jazz

Thread: Update on Jazz

Jacque is offline Member

DefaultUpdate on Jazz

For those of you that have discussed Jazz's health issues with me (breathing issues, nasal discharge and lethargic isssues)
    ....After getting the results back from the culture that the vet did, Jazz has been on the right antibiotic now for a week and seems to be making a complete turn around!! We are going to leave her on the antiibotics for 3 weeks to a month just to make sure we get rid of the infection completely. Her energy as increased so much and is acting like a 5 month old should...running, playing, etc. She has become more responsive and eager to learn during her daily training.. She now knows Sit, Stay, Wait, Down, Woah (stop walking), Shake, and Leave It. Come is getting better...she will do it in the house but I'm not quite comfortable trying it off of the long line at the park yet...not bad for 5 months old!! Thanks to those of you who commented on my questions and helped us out. :-D
    -JACQUE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

That's wonderful news!

Keep working on the 'come' everywhere you take her, just on the leash or long line. She needs to learn to come no matter where she is, what she's doing, or what is going on around her.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Jacque is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by amazongold View Post
    That's wonderful news!

Keep working on the 'come' everywhere you take her, just on the leash or long line. She needs to learn to come no matter where she is, what she's doing, or what is going on around her.
    oh, for sure....I've just read and heard that you never want to use the come command off of the leash or line if you think they won't respond....i don't use the command yet at places like the dog park because her attention is definately not mine. If I call her name she will look at me and sometimes come my way but I want the actual come command to work so we are still practicing on the line....using different distractions and such. =-)
    -JACQUE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I hope you have better luck than I have had with the boys. They have 'selective hearing,' so I am working on using high-value treats to get them to come. Right now I am doing it here at home, then will branch out when they are reliable here.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy