Royal Canin Mobility Support Diet or Glyco-Flex

Thread: Royal Canin Mobility Support Diet or Glyco-Flex

lab13 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRoyal Canin Mobility Support Diet or Glyco-Flex

My lab went for her check up this week from the TPLO surgery. She is doing well but wants to do more than she should.
    The vet was talking about putting her on the Royal Canin Mobility diet or Glyco Flex as she will probably develope some arthritis from the surgery.
    Has anyone had any luck with either the diet or the pills?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Royal Canin Mobility Support Diet or Glyco-Flex

The best way to obtain gluc/cond is in it own form. Liquid is best but I have had great success with using pill form. We use Osteo BiFlex Triple Strength. I also use a joint support power from Nature's Farmacy called CCM Plus. I started to see considerable results when we started using the CCM Plus combined with the pill forms.
    Kim

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I agree with the above. Probably better to have her on a high quality food and just supplement her diet with the G&C/MSM.

Speedy healing thoughts for her!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

I agree with the seperate G/C supplement. I beleive a lot of people on here use Cosaquin (Cosamin) DS. I use either Triple Flex or Cosamin with my two but they don't have any issue it's more for prevention.

I beleive Bob Pr posted a while back about a Science Diet Joint formula that a friend of his used that made a huge difference in his dog. Maybe try to search or PM Bob for the info.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

My Puff gets a Kirkland Fish oil cap + a Kirkland G&C tablet every day (along with her Kirkland C&R kibble). Kirkland is the house brand of Costco warehouse clubs (just as Kenmore is for Sears) and their G&C was rated most potent and best value by Consumer Reports.

A friend with a 7 y.o. black Lab, Jessie, (mosly bench line) works at Hill's Science Diet in IT; Jessie was hobbling from arthritis and unable to run. He put her on Science Diet's JD kibble and the change is remarkable -- no limping, able to run again.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Thanks for all your ideas.

I will check out your supplements and go with one of them.

How long would it take to see results if we go the supplement route?

imported_Top Of The Hill is offline Senior Member

I'm currently feeding Royal Canin Mobility. My dog seems to have done pretty well on it. I recently tried a switch to a different food (because of possible food allergies), and was surprised that she wasn't very keen on the new food, so for now I've switched back. The allergies aren't that bad and it may not even be a food allergy. We'll probably do allergy testing in the New Year. My Vet originally recommended the RC Mobility because her hips aren't great, but I really can't say what or how much affect it's had because her joints weren't in really bad shape when we started feeding it. It would be easier to judge if you have a dog that is showing severe problems and then improves (or doesn't improve) on a food or supplement. We put her on the RCM more with the hope that it would prevent/delay problems/arthritis. She's three now and doing quite well (touch wood), but then we're also pretty careful about appropriate exercise etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide to try.

Top of the Hill - do you mind me asking you what type of allergy reactions your dog had? Mine has a lot of reactions to her food and that is one of the reasons I am wondering whether to change to this food or not and go with the pills instead. Thanks.

Happy though that it is working for you.

Shane23 is offline Senior Member

All I can add here is that both my dogs are on Glyco-Flex.

Clarence (12 year old) on Glyco-Flex III
    Shane (9 mos.) on Glyco-Flex I

Clarence moves very well for a 12 year old dog. Shane was put on it by the breeder and I've just continued with her recommendations. They both eat Canidae All Life Stages.
    Laura

Summerlin's Inspired by Armani CD (Shane)