My Labs Bloody tail - hitting it against cabinet corners, wall corner's

Thread: My Labs Bloody tail - hitting it against cabinet corners, wall corner's

mos0291 is offline Junior Member

DefaultMy Labs Bloody tail - hitting it against cabinet corners, wall corner's

My lab (4 years old... just got him last week) wag's this tail all the time, he ends up hitting the 90 degree corners on my cabinet's and the corners of wall's. It starts to bleed, and I get blood spat's and blood streaks on my wall's, furniture (actually everyplace he hit's his tail). It does not bleed all that much, just enough to make a mess. I have not seen a post that pertains to this on this site.

Other than that he's a great dog, big lover boy.....just need's some leash training, which I am making progress on.

Anybody got any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My Labs Bloody tail - hitting it against cabinet corners, wall corner's

<br />Oregon

imported_CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My Labs Bloody tail - hitting it against cabinet corners, wall corner's

That's the worst. Our house has looked like the scene of a murder a couple times. It's really unbelievable how much blood they can splatter with each wag, and the distance it will fly! I have found that dressings don't last, but that one looks pretty ingenious.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tia
    Tia is offline Senior Member

My last dog had this problem...still finding some blood splatters here and there a year later! :-\

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

One of our members, Pat, actually had to make the decision to have part of her dogs tail amputated as it wouldn't ever get better.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

I think it was Pat that had a pretty good way of covering the split I know it envolved a Kotex pad and some tape but I'm not sure exactly how she did it. Look in Lab Chat I know she just posted about this a few weeks ago.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol