Just Labradors banner

Poor Guinness...

856 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  georgie 
G
#1 ·
So, we woke up today and Guinness had his first major accident in the crate. Couldn't tell if it was diarreah at that time or not...but...IT WAS ALL OVER HIM!!!!!! Caked and dried :( He seemed a little constipated before bed last night (wouldn't go...and that's not really like him) So...I took him out and he pooed two more times, the second time was diarreah. I'm thinking he got into something bad, somehow. He's constantly watched outside, but will eat ANYTHING (sticks, leaves, anything!)

Sorry...that was longer than I thought...anyway...is the norm to fast him the first 24 hours? Do I give him ANYTHING???? Sorry, this is the first time I've dealt with it (luckily)! I read about the pumpkin...do I wait until tomorrow for that?

#2 ·
Poor Guinness. If it was diarrhea I would fast him for 24 hours. Then after fasting him do a day of bland meals (x2 chicken and rice). Diarrhea bugs tend to be a 24 hour affair so after 48 hours (24 hours fast, then the day of bland food) he should be back to normal. Any diarrhea that goes on for longer than 48 hours requires a vet visit as soon as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.