Poor Guinness...

Thread: Poor Guinness...

Augustmom0003 Guest

DefaultPoor Guinness...

So, we woke up today and Guinness had his first major accident in the crate. Couldn't tell if it was diarreah at that time or not...but...IT WAS ALL OVER HIM!!!!!! Caked and dried He seemed a little constipated before bed last night (wouldn't go...and that's not really like him) So...I took him out and he pooed two more times, the second time was diarreah. I'm thinking he got into something bad, somehow. He's constantly watched outside, but will eat ANYTHING (sticks, leaves, anything!)

Sorry...that was longer than I thought...anyway...is the norm to fast him the first 24 hours? Do I give him ANYTHING???? Sorry, this is the first time I've dealt with it (luckily)! I read about the pumpkin...do I wait until tomorrow for that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Poor Guinness...

Poor Guinness. If it was diarrhea I would fast him for 24 hours. Then after fasting him do a day of bland meals (x2 chicken and rice). Diarrhea bugs tend to be a 24 hour affair so after 48 hours (24 hours fast, then the day of bland food) he should be back to normal. Any diarrhea that goes on for longer than 48 hours requires a vet visit as soon as possible.

Augustmom0003 Guest

Thank you so much! That's what I had thought...but wanted to make sure Yes, will DEFINITELY call vet if it lasts any longer than today/tomorrow.

Again...thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

It is almost always just a simple stomach upset, especially with a young dog. I'm sure he will be fine tomorrow.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Poor Guiness. Yes, fast for 24 hours. Then you can give some boiled ground meat & rice or chicken & rice. Hope he feels better soon.