California Natural

Thread: California Natural

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultCalifornia Natural

I have had Mitzi on different foods to see what is best for her allergy problem. Had her on California Natural for a while and noticed tartar deposits on her teeth. Changed to Wellness Core earlier this year and just noticed her teeth are white again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: California Natural

Are you brushing her teeth, or relying on the food? This is not a smart___ remark, but truly a question-

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Interesting. I bet it's because the Core food has a much lower percentage of carbohydrates. The Core food is probably better for Mitzi anyway, as the protein is higher than the Calif. Nat. Current research says that senior dogs should eat a food with a minimum of 26% protein. It used to be thought that older dogs needed less protein, but research has proven the opposite.

Not that I'm calling Mitzi old, mind you! I did notice that she had a birthday recently, so I know that she is a "mature woman". BTW, Mitzi is one of my Jl favorites.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Are you brushing her teeth, or relying on the food?
    I don't brush their teeth. They eat only dry food, and an occasional marrow bone.
    They all have white teeth.
    I wish I took a before/after picture of Mitzi's teeth; there's a dramatic difference.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Both Brigetta and Prudence are on California Natural and I notice tartar deposits on their teeth as well. Someone else on the forum mentioned the same thing. I've haven't switched foods yet because it took so long to finally find a food that worked with Brigetta's sensitive skin and Prudence's allergies. Prudence has her teeth professionally cleaned when she had a tooth and a lump removed in the Spring and the build up is back. Brigetta chews on nylabones daily, but there are still deposits.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence