Grain-Free Kibble Food? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Grain-Free Kibble Food?

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Grain-Free Kibble Food?

honestly honestly if the kibble is working for you I'd stick with it

sourcing issues have plauged much of my last year ... and home cooking is a royal pita...

so glad you found something

yah hubby was hopeful the sweet potato roast chicken was for him when he smelled it

cheers
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I just want to say that I am NOT feeding the Orijen to my dogs because its a fad food, anyone who knows me knows I researched a lot of foods before I decided which was the magic one for us.

Rhys is dying of cancer, and it was suggested we eliminate carbohydrates and increase protein.

At the same time, our regular dog food was being eliminated from the market.

I am comfortable feeding a diet that wasn't tested because all of the ingredients (ALL OF THEM) are safe for human consumption, which is more then I can say for most foods. Whether the formula works or not is an induvidual thing, as is evident by the number of people who feed proplan and yet some dogs just can't eat it.

I have nothing against what anyone feeds, as it is very much a personal thing. But I don't like the 'I won't feed it because its a fad' attitude, as though that is the reason its being fed.

I do what I feel is right by my dogs. Regardless if society or the members of this board feel different.

I have, in the 7 years Rhys has been alive, changed his food three times. He was brought home on Pedigree, fed that until 1 year old, and then put him on Royal Canin Lab 30. He developed a rice allergy and I put him on ProPlan Turkey and Barley, which he did great of for 3 years, until he was diagnosed. So just know I am not a food hopper.

Period.

And high paw and happy pooping for Henry! You deserve it guy!

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    I just want to say that I am NOT feeding the Orijen to my dogs because its a fad food, anyone who knows me knows I researched a lot of foods before I decided which was the magic one for us.

Rhys is dying of cancer, and it was suggested we eliminate carbohydrates and increase protein.

At the same time, our regular dog food was being eliminated from the market.

I am comfortable feeding a diet that wasn't tested because all of the ingredients (ALL OF THEM) are safe for human consumption, which is more then I can say for most foods. Whether the formula works or not is an induvidual thing, as is evident by the number of people who feed proplan and yet some dogs just can't eat it.

I have nothing against what anyone feeds, as it is very much a personal thing. But I don't like the 'I won't feed it because its a fad' attitude, as though that is the reason its being fed.

I do what I feel is right by my dogs. Regardless if society or the members of this board feel different.

I have, in the 7 years Rhys has been alive, changed his food three times. He was brought home on Pedigree, fed that until 1 year old, and then put him on Royal Canin Lab 30. He developed a rice allergy and I put him on ProPlan Turkey and Barley, which he did great of for 3 years, until he was diagnosed. So just know I am not a food hopper.

Period.

And high paw and happy pooping for Henry! You deserve it guy!
    And I can totally respect that. I have said before I think there IS a place for these diets. But I don't feel everyone should feed them because they are the next new thing. IMO save them for when they are needed. When I had a scare a few months ago with my Maltese, who we thought had cancer, I started to seriously consider changing his diet mostly because if it HAD been cancer I was not going to persue treatment (he is 9.5 and has a very serious heart murmur on both sides of his heart) and was looking for something that might prolong, help him that was not invasive.
    Kim

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345