TPLO tomorrow- Update

Thread: TPLO tomorrow- Update

lab13 is offline Senior Member

DefaultTPLO tomorrow- Update

My lab has her TPLO operation tomorrow.
    She has been limping on the leg now for four weeks waiting for the surgery as the doctor was booked up that does this operation at our clinic.

I hope that she does ok. I think that since she has been in some pain for the past four weeks the operation might be of a relief for her but still painful of course.

I will let you know how she does tomorrow.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas of post care for one of these operations.

We have just moved into a bungalow so stairs won't be a problem.

Emma is home : )

She did very well at the vet and seems to be resting well at home.
    We had to put her in the laundry room as her incision is still leaking a bit.

When I got to the clinic to pick her up they told me that she had done very well , that was the good news. Also that I had got a $100 credit to my account. When I asked why they told me that the surgeon who really loves her work and likes to help the vet techs with the pre op decided to help to shave Emma's leg. Trouble is she shaved the wrong leg. In the end she did operate on the right leg so she now is sporting a mohawk cut down her back!!

Will let you know how things go in the next few days. She is on an antibiotic and two pain meds.

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts and advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: TPLO tomorrow

Sending prayers for a successful surgery.

Thank you for your prayers for my Lab - Emma.

I will let you know how things go today.

She has to stay over so we will get a spot ready for her to settle on when she comes home. Lots of love, toys and a soft bed. : )

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tangelo53 is offline Senior Member

I hope the surgery went well. My Rotweiller had the TPLO surgery earlier this year and she is running around like a crazy little girl again!! My only recommendation would be to stay on top of the physical therapy. We were very strict about her physical therapy and that has really paid off for us. When we took Abby back to the surgeon for her re-check, we saw another dog in there that we thought just had the surgery because he was still limping so badly, but it was almost a year post op...when we started talking, that is the one thing they didn't do. They said that their dog was too difficult to do the therapy on, so they slacked on that. The scar tissue will build up quickly if you don't move the knee around.

UPDATE - Emma came through her operation well. She is staying overnight at the vets and was sleeping when we called.

Thank you for your good wishes and advice.

I pick her up tomorrow so I will let you know how things go in the next few days.

: )