spots under armpits?

Thread: spots under armpits?

Defaultspots under armpits?

I noticed last night Jonah has about 3 small (smaller than a pea) scabs under each front armpit. At first I was rubbing him and thought they felt like little lumps, but after inspection, they seem to be scabs. Any thoughts? DH said he noticed them several days ago (thanks for telling me!). Seem small, no hair loss there, just the scab, I was thinking maybe ingrown hairs or something? Does this warrant a trip to the vet or a wait and see attitude?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: spots under armpits?

I would wait and see if you notice more of them elsewhere on her stomach I would suspect Staph infection but if it's just a few and they clear up I think it's probably just a bug bite or something.

justine is offline Senior Member

hmm. my puppy has this strange rash i'm trying to get to go away and the vets haven't been helping much... but it's mainly on her belly and looks like little blackheads, but now that it's worse, it looks like scabs.. she had it under her front arms, too, but it was just a red rash... not sure that helps..

but my vet said that it's sometimes due to not drying quickly enough after a bath, since it's in a spot that doesn't get a lot of air. so maybe it was due to it being wet after a bath??

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'll watch it and see. That word staph scares me - I think MRSA!!! He doesn't get baths, but has gotten hosed down with water, once a month ago for being stinky and then again yesterday for getting into black dirt (the spots were there before yesterday). I dry him off pretty good with towels, but I can see where those areas wouldn't get all the way dry.

I would keep an eye on it but I agree sounds like a staph infection. We dealt with that about a month ago and the vet prescribed an antibotic. It took care of it within a few days and it hasn't returned. She said that it was pretty common...