Minor Emergency - Bit on Snout

Thread: Minor Emergency - Bit on Snout

DefaultMinor Emergency - Bit on Snout

My eight month puppy was bitten at the local dog park about half an hour ago. After a few whimpers, she was ready to play again, but the bite (right between her eyes), was pretty ugly looking. I got her home and cleaned the wound with peroxide, she didn't pull away from me and seems pretty uninterested in the area. She's sleeping now -- is this something I should call the emergency vet in for, or will it be alright until Monday? The bite doesn't go down to the bone, and both dogs have their vaccinations. Any advice would be appreciated -- I'm more shaken up than Polly is!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Minor Emergency - Bit on Snout

How deep are the lacerations? Have they stopped bleeding or do they continue to ooze? I think if they aren't bleeding, weeping or oozing blood anymore, I'd just keep a really good eye on it.

Has your pup allowed you to do a really thorough examination of her snout/head/eye area? I'd be concerned that she's got a cut near/in her eye as well.

Hope all is well though.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Thanks for the reply -- the wound is more of a gouge, and it's about 2mm deep. It's not bleeding, and she's not worrying at it. I think I will just keep a close eye on her until Monday. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I think as long as it isn't oozing I would just watch it.