purina one

Thread: purina one

labradork mom is offline Member

Defaultpurina one

My 3year old male yellow lab started getting some sore areas under his thighs and groin area. It looked like he scraped his skin in little circles. Then his ears became very red. I took him to the vet who said: Don't worry too much about it. It is very superficial and he gave me some spray for his belly area and some meds for his inflamed ears. This helped his ears some and the belly a little. A couple of weeks later I started to notice more sore area's around the groin and his ears were once again very red and inflamed. Instead of going to the vet again. I decided to try changing his food. He had been on Science Diet W/D because of a bout with pancreatits. I gradually switched him to Purina One for sensitive stomach and skin and within two days his ears looked normal and his skin on the belly was looking great. Has anyone else used this food? It even has yogurt in it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: purina one

Yes, I had my dogs on it for awhile, but Ruger got too itchy on it, so I changed.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Mick's ear infections and hot spots stopped when I put him on ONE Lamb & Rice. He was on for years before I "upgraded" him to Pro Plan. He did better on those two foods then when I tried some higher quality foods. Could be your dog is allergic to chemical preservatives that are in some foods and treats. The last time I looked, the Science Diet prescription foods one of them (it's been over 10 years, and I can't remember which one). That's what Mick was allergic to.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I put my boys on Purina One Natural Blends not too long ago and Frankie's chronic yeasty ear cleared up immediately.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"