1st TPLO Surgery Today

Thread: 1st TPLO Surgery Today

Default1st TPLO Surgery Today

Well, Pearl had her TPLO surgery today and all went well. Except that the ACL in the other knee is partially torn. So, she'll need to have the right knee done as well.
    We're going to wait until we bring her home and see how her recovery is going before we get the other one done. We knew we'd be facing another TPLO-but had no idea her other leg was already partially torn. DARN IT.
    So, just want a little TLC from the group here.
    We bring her home tomorrow, and it will be interesting.
    Anyone else out there had this surgery??? We think we're ready, but can use all the handy hints we can get.
    Thanks for reading!!!
    Doris, Jerry, and Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: 1st TPLO Surgery Today

We did. Make sure you have someone strong to lift her into and out of the car. Don't let her jump. You may want to think about getting a ramp if you have an SUV. She won't be able to do any stairs at all for awhile, so be prepared to lift her over any stairs too. If you have another dog, make sure the other dog is calm and/or separate them for a few days. Our dog was really konked out for a few days and then got a lot better. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks, she's an only dog-Thank goodness. We'll just have to keep her quiet and calm. LOL I did ask about drugs, because I think they need them for the 1st few days.
    Thanks again!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Hudler had both knees done in 2005. If you have any questions, just PM me.

Good luck with everything, it will go well, it takes a while to heal, but in the end, it will be all a blur and your doggy will be fine.

lab13 is offline Senior Member

Good luck. I am thinking of you as my lab is having her leg done the same on the 30th.

I went into the vet on Friday and a dog was just going out for a pee that had had the TPLO that day. It sure looked drugged but was able to go out ok with the help of a sling on his backside.

Thinking of you with good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

My older dog had the traditional repair done. We followed the surgeon's recommendations to the "T". Rehab is very very important no matter which knee surgery yur dog has. There are quite a few of us here that have gone through rehab for our dogs.

Hang in there and the weeks will fly by. PM me if I can help. I did Kona's rehab with walks and swimming.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo