Sasha's Blend Food Supplement for Healthy Joints
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sasha's Blend Food Supplement for Healthy Joints

DefaultSasha's Blend Food Supplement for Healthy Joints

My Vet sells this and I wondered if anyone has tried it or uses it. It contains abalone, New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel and Shark Cartilage. The pamphlet says it available only through your Veterinarian and is recommended by veterinarians world-wide. I'd never heard of it, so thought someone here might have if it's that popular.

TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sasha's Blend Food Supplement for Healthy Joints

For the price and comparing ingredients this is not much different at all to the CCM Plus I use but this Sasha's Blend is expensive.

For 1# of CCM Plus (dosage 1tsp/30lbs) $19.95 and I purchased it last November I think and it lasted me until about Sept of this year. I now give it to just about all my dogs so I purchased 2# this time around.

Sasha's is $34.99 for 3.5 oz. (1.25tsp/average size lab dosage)

CCM Plus Ingredients
    Kelp Meal, Ground Whole flax seed, DiCalcium Phosphate, Yeast culture, New Zealand Green Shell Mussel, Potassium chloride, chicory Extract, Spirulina, Barley Grass Powder, Carrots, Parsley Powder, Yucca Schidigera, Hypoallergenic Wheat Powder, Garlic Powder, Licorice, Anise Seed, Milk thistle, Fennel Seed, Glucosamine Sulfate, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Saccharomyes Cerevisiae, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Calcium Carbonate, iron Proteinate, Dried Aspergillus Niger fermentation extract, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentaiton Extract, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate and Dried Fermentation Products of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium thermophilum, Bifidobacterium longum, Enterococcus faecium and Bacillus subtilis.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude protein 7.0%; Crude fat 3.5%; Crude Fiber, max 5.0%, Calcium, min. 3.50%, Calcium, max. 4.50%, Phosphorus, min.2.50%; Magnesium, min. 0.44%, Manganese, min.1000 ppm; Zinc, min. added 40 ppm; Potassium, min. 2.50%; Glucosamine Sulfate 25 mg/gm; Perna Mussel (New Zealand Green Shell Mussel) 50 mg/gm; Vitamin C 10mg/gm; Lipase 2,250 ug Fatty Acids liberated per minute per gram; Protease 7,500 ug protein hydrolyzed per minute per gram; Total Microbial count; 225 million colony forming units/gram (Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium thermophilum, Bifidobacterium longum, Enterococcus faecium and Bacillus subtilis)

Sasha's Blend
    Ingredients

Sashas Blend™ is 100% pure and natural with no additives or fillers. It contains Stabilised Green Lipped Mussel, Abalone and Marine Cartilage with vanilla / honey flavoring.

This unique combination of marine concentrates contains a wide range of nutrients that may be beneficial in the relief of arthritic symptoms in dogs. The actives in Sashas BlendÔ are very delicate.

Harvesting times and methods of processing are very crucial to the final formulation.

Analysis per 2 gram:
    Crude protein 1.29g, Carbohydrate 0.23g, Total fat 0.11g, Ash 0.34g, Moisture 0.04g, Energy 29.8kj, Energy 7.1kcal

Trace Elements:
    Boron 22µg, Calcium 60mg, Copper 18µg , Iron 2.6mg, Magnesium 6.2mg, Manganese 32µg , Phosphorus 38mg, Potassium 14mg, Selenium 3µg, Sodium 28mg, Zinc 149µg

Total Essential Fatty Acids:
    Omega-3 32.3mg (EPA 8.9mg DHA 10.4mg), Polyunsaturated 35.6mg, Monounsaturated 23.6mg

Contains:
    Taurine 1.9%, Glycosaminoglycans 14% - predominant GAG - Chondroitin Sulphate

As a little side note. I do not in any way work for NF nor do I get kick backs LOL I just believe in their product and it takes a lot for me to do and say that with anything. I have just seen the difference and results. They also use organic and hypoallergenic ingredients - a plus in my book
    Kim

Thanks for that info cinderbay. I didn't check the price on the SB, but I knew it was expensive. I was actually asking them about getting some Cosequin (or Glycoflex is the other one that seems popular) and the Vet Tech was really pushing the SB as being great.

I must be having a mental block, but can you tell me who makes the CCM Plus and what does CCM stand for? NF is ? Thanks again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lab addict is offline Senior Member

It is very popular here and many people swear by it.
    I personally think there are better and more economical products on the market, plus it stinks!

Kim

Thanks to both of you. When I mentioned Cosequin to the Vet he didn't sound that enthusiastic, but that seems to be the one that many people (on JL anyway) use. I haven't actually talked to him about SB, but if it's that much more expensive it would have to be really good and better than the other popular products. Thanks for the website link cinderbay. I'll check it out.

lab addict - Just wondered what supplement you use for your dogs....if anything.

lab addict is offline Senior Member

I use Cosequin. I love it - it is the supplement of choice here with the vets.

I guess what I did not like about Cosequin was even the double strength is not a high enough dosage for a dog showing bad signs of arthritis when I was told that 1500mg was the standard by many vets. Even the Cosequin DS is only 500mg per tablet. So you need to give three as opposed to two. Yes I may be splitting hairs but when your feeding 4 dogs and medicating one already you tend to do that.
    I guess I could get cheeper by buying the off label stuff but I have done that in the past and for some reason it just did not seem to work as well. Then after hearing from a couple companies that gluc can be an unstable ingredient and if not manufactured properly it can lose its strength. Being heat sensative?? So if not packaged, warehoused, properly ect...
    So it may be all in my head but I just thought the Osteo Bi-Flex was working better than the Wal-Mart brand. :-\

Guess I am just being picky.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbaylabs
    I guess what I did not like about Cosequin was even the double strength is not a high enough dosage for a dog showing bad signs of arthritis when I was told that 1500mg was the standard by many vets. Even the Cosequin DS is only 500mg per tablet. So you need to give three as opposed to two. Yes I may be splitting hairs but when your feeding 4 dogs and medicating one already you tend to do that.
    I guess I could get cheeper by buying the off label stuff but I have done that in the past and for some reason it just did not seem to work as well. Then after hearing from a couple companies that gluc can be an unstable ingredient and if not manufactured properly it can lose its strength.Being heat sensative?? So if not packaged, warehoused, properly ect...
    So it may be all in my head but I just thought the Osteo Bi-Flex was working better than the Wal-Mart brand. :-\

Guess I am just being picky.
    Interesting. Gabby has mild HD and some back issues (slipped discs, etc) but is young (15 months) and has no arthritis, so we use it daily as a preventative.

I have a lot of experience with its equine counterpart and was always happy with the results, so when the vet suggested it as a preventative, I didn't have any qualms using cosequin over the Costco glucosamine. But I'm not trying to fix anything (just prevent)- so I'm not expecting to "see anything," if that makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast