The puppy loser report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The puppy loser report

DefaultThe puppy loser report

Ruby and I were at the reproductive vet today, getting all things swabbed and cultured and sending off her blood work etc.

She got a clean bill of health (and lots of treats) and weighed 80lbs...down from August when she was 81lbs. (might have been the time of day though)

She is in great shape, and Dr Wilson was impressed and called her "spirited"...

SO barring any unforseen complications, Ruby will be bred roughly the middle of December, for babies in the mid to end of February.

To say I am excited is an understatement! I can't wait! Not only am I excited for myself, but also for the people waiting for her babies. I am certain I have the best puppy buyers ever!

BTW parents have all their clearances and titled in multiple venues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The puppy loser report

Go Ruby!! You getting a herpes titer?

Laura

WOOHOO!!!!! RUBY BABIES!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

To say I am excited is an understatement! I can't wait! Not only am I excited for myself, but also for the people waiting for her babies. I am certain I have the best puppy buyers ever!
    Uh, YEAH you do!!! *fingers and paws crossed for a little yellow obedience girl!!*

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

YAY for Ruby babies!!! Post lots of pics k?? If not I may have to bust into your house and take pics myself!!!

I CAN'T WAIT for puppy forehead wrinkles!!! ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Oh how exciting. Can't wait to see all of Ruby's beautiful babies.

Yup, herpes titre was drawn for yesterday as well as a vag culture and brucellosis, and we did a slew of other things too. He kept saying "You could do..." and I'd say SOLD!

Best part of it was they didn't shave her, and let me help. She was so good. They were trying to draw blood and her tail was wagging so fast that she wouldn't hold still.

The last time she had blood drawn was for Optigen and she was just 6 months old. The peeps at the clinic masacred her, she came to me all bloodied and they couldn't get a sample...I thought she might be affraid, but not so!

Laura, I am wiping her with the tissue everyday, and if you could see the look on her face, like "Uh whatcha doing?" Its hilarious. She was licking herself last night and I ran for the tissue.

She was just doing a little tidying I guess. Hmph. I hope she comes in sooner rather then later...so we don't have to deal with a Christmas shipment.

Fingers, eyes, and buns crossed!

Kate, you are more then welcome to come and visit when they are a bit older then newborn. I plan to have a big puppy party when they are about 7-8 weeks. I plan to keep them until 9 weeks. Mark it on your calendar!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much

Kate, you are more then welcome to come and visit when they are a bit older then newborn. I plan to have a big puppy party when they are about 7-8 weeks. I plan to keep them until 9 weeks. Mark it on your calendar!
    Awesome!!! Mmmmmmm....... I can smell the puppy breath already!!!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Best of luck! 8) I'm going thru the process as well, but Miss Fuji decided to take a furlough from her normal progesterone rise on Friday (level on Th was 3.1ng, on Fri should have been 5ng, but was 3.2ng...). So here I sit w/ chilled shipment #1 in my fridge. Hopefully it was just a one day rest but being the weekend w/ no possibility of a Monday arrival (and questionable shipping due to the holiday), it was the risk I had to take. We're still doing AI #1 tomorrow but will do yet another blood draw--- her 5th one! She's been very slow to come up this time despite being fast to cornify (was 95% on day 10 and Friday was day 14). If you haven't seen this site, you may find it helpful and reassuring if your bitch ever decides to "pull a Fuji" too. I'm finding it may be more common than I thought! http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/eiltslotus...management.htm -Anne (who is personally tiring of all the emails for chocolates... what is wrong w/ black or going for the best personality fit?)

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Tanya is offline Senior Member

WOOHOO!! Man i am kicking myself for not putting my name in for a puppy!! ACK!

I AM SOOO EXITED for you and the soon to be puppy owners (not soon enough i'd imagine!)

Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast