Pee Accident after Spay

Thread: Pee Accident after Spay

tessaduncan is offline Member

DefaultPee Accident after Spay

Tessa had a pee accident in the house today, the first in months. She was spayed last Wednesday & seems fine (almost too fine; it's hard to keep her quiet). Is this normal or should I be worried about spay incontinence? She's 8.5 months old.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Pee Accident after Spay

What was the situation like when she had the accident? Were you gone/home? When was she out last? I personally probably wouldn't worry unless it became a common occurance.

tessaduncan is offline Member

We were home. She was just following me around the house as usual. It hadn't been that long since she was outside for potty & she just did it so matter-of-factly. She has never 'asked' (barked) to go out though. I usually just send her out every couple of hours. It was a big puddle so it's possible I missed a signal. I'm paranoid because I've spayed her earlier than my breeder wanted.

She has been really rambunctious so I know she's feeling pretty good. Since we haven't been taking our walks & I've been trying to keep her quiet, she has all this pent-up energy. I have to keep her leashed or she'll butt-tuck around the house and of course she then plays tug-of-war with the leash.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LKG

I'd guess it was just that... an accident. Not to worry unless it happens more frequently. Daisy has spay incontinence and her accidents have only happened while she is sleeping.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

How old is she? An occassional accident can happen any time in the first year. i.e. an accidental leak H Some females will experience incontinence after spaying. If it becomes a problem there are drugs you can get from your vet. HK is 9 months old. Occassionaly, once every two weeks, she will leak a few drops when I am giving her a tummy rub. She gets tummy rubs 2 to 4 times a day. SHe loves them. When I wake her (that's right) in the morning, she rolls over for a tummy rub before the long stretch, before going out. Iti is this tummy rub that results in a leak more than any other time.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

My MILs Westie has accidents like this because of her spay and mistakes that were made. I hope thats not your case.