Merrick dog food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merrick dog food

DefaultMerrick dog food

Do these ingredients sound okay? I just discovered this food & would like to try it.

Ingredients:
    Beef, Oatmeal, Barley, Beef Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols – a source of Natural Vitamin E and Ascorbic Acid, a source of Vitamin C), Flaxseed, Freeze Dried Sweet Potatoes, Freeze Dried Carrots, Freeze Dried Peas, Dried Chicken Liver, Freeze Dried Apples, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Lysine, Guar Gum, Sea Salt, Choline Chloride, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Whole Blueberries, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Whole Garlic, Chondroitin Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Dried Beef Broth, Chicory Root, Marigold Extract, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Natural Celery Flavor, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Natural Caramel Color, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Complex, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Niacin, Lecithin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Merrick dog food

That's what sophie eats, and is doing VERY well on it. (She has some tummy issues, but has no trouble with this food.) We feed the poultry formulas - the turducken or the potpie. They use exclusively North American sources as well.

I'm glad. This seems to be the only food they are excited about eating.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Biggie eats Merrick Puppy Plate and loves it!

Anne is offline Senior Member

We switched the big dogs over to Merrick about 2 months ago. I can't be any happier with the results.

Nice stools, the luster of their coats has returned, shedding has actually diminished (although, that could be purely coincidental) and....best of all....NO ITCHIES! ;D ;D It has been a long, long time since Riley (yellow boy) hasn't had some sort of low-grade itchiness.

I love that they source almost all of their ingredients from North America (except lamb, which I believe is imported from New Zealand.)

Plus, and I haven't tested this yet, one can supposedly switch between varieties without the usual transition period. The boys are about 1/3 through their third bag of "Backyard BBQ"-meat based. I may try one of the poultry based formulas in the future.

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

I fed Merrick for over a year with great results, I like their can food alot

Jen

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

It is very similar to the Fromm's that I am feeding now, I think it's a good food.

Here's a review:
    http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_f...duct=166&cat=3
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

sloigo is offline Senior Member

My dog food lady suggested this as a very good food but we need grain free....... :-\
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

My 2 labs LOVE Merrick food - wet & dry. All human grade ingredients - I tasted the wet Grammy's Pot Pie and it was delicious After all the pet food recalls I decided to pay a bit extra for quality food and peace of mind.

Mine eat the wet also & I have switched between the different dry types w/o any stool change. I have tried them on Canidae, Blue Buffalo & Nutro & this is the only food I've found that they don't turn their noses up to. My SU tried a bite of the grammy's pot pie too & liked it! :-X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast