Just Labradors banner

Urine - Unfortunately not outdoors

864 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Snowco Labradors 
#1 ·
OK - not a new one, but I can't determine what this can be. I have two labs (both 6 years old) - one of them has started urinating on a specific area of carpet and couch. Can't catch him in the act and I'm ready to perform a DNA test on it, but since their brothers - not sure that would work ;D. When I put something in front of the area where he pee'd, they are just "moving" down the couch/carpet. Unreal. I guess the first question is how the heck do I get rid of the odor? I have heard of everything, but I figured that you guys are the experts.
Both boys are very healthy - so I know it's nothing to do with their health. I'm sure it's a dominate thing and/or someone got mad at Mommy and they just keep going back to the same area since I can't get rid of the smell.
Any help would be great! Thanks

#2 ·
Pet stores (and some grocery stores) have odor removers that will get rid of the smell. Nature's Miracle is a well known brand but I use an environment friendly version.

There is a thread about nature's Miracle here:
http://www.justlabradors.com/forum/index.php/topic,22496.0.html

There are some other suggestions in taht thread (hydrogen peroxide, carpet cleansers/deodorizers...)

#3 ·
Any type of enzyme cleaner should get rid of the smell as well as steam cleaning the area if you can. I think if they are housetrained (I am assuming since this is new) I would have the vet check them both for a urinary tract infection. It's the most common cause of them going in the house if they were reliably house trained before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.