Food Question

Thread: Food Question

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

DefaultFood Question

OK so after seeing Endofiles post about Eukenuba LBP and Hershey, I think maybe it is time for Harlee to switch. I would like her to have wheat and corn free but I am not sure what to put her on since she has a very sensitive stomach. Was Kirkland affected by the recall?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Food Question

No, it was not recalled.

Kirkland's L&R and C&R formulations are very similar (not quite identical) to those of the "Diamond Naturals" brand and made by the same company. "DN" is available at many feed stores and you can sometimes find it in smaller bags than the 40 lbs. Kirklands sold at Costco if you want to try a smaller amount. FWIW, most people suggest transitioning over a 10-14 day period -- one part new to 3 parts old for a few days, then 2 and 2, then 3 and 1.

Puff eats K's C&R -- it has less rice and rice products than the L&R. We used to feed L&R but several years ago they increased the # of rice ingredients in it and we switched.

================================================== ============

Kirkland C&R 1st 13 ingredients:

Chicken, chicken meal, whole grain brown rice, cracked pearl barley, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols & Vitamin E), egg product, beet pulp, potatoes, fish meal, flaxseed, natural flavor, brewers dried yeast, millet.....

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748